Monday, May 28, 2012

Can Guinea Pigs Eat Cucumbers?

After having our blog for over a year, you would think we would have covered all the common foods by now, yet sometimes we discover that one slipped through the cracks. We were shocked to find out that we haven't seemed to have reviewed cucumbers yet. Today, we're going to fix that.

Cucumber can be fed to guinea pigs 2-4 times per week with the peel on. From what we've read, you shouldn't feed it to us daily because it's watery and can cause diarrhea.

Yum!
We love cucumbers!
Cucumbers get 5/5 stars!

7 comments:

  1. Our beasts LOVE cucumber. It is a firm fave here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    My name is Holly and, i thought this guinea pig ring i made might interest your blog readers?

    http://www.alittlestranger.com/wordpress/2012/04/kissing-guinea-pigs-925-fine-silver-ring/

    I am a full time artist / designer working from my studio in London, UK. I am also the creator of super cute plush line (based on my pet guinea pigs!) Cavey. I mostly work with plush, with a bit of sculpting/model making thrown in, and, more recently, fine silver jewellery making.

    Thanks, and keep up the great work on the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the ring and it is ADORABLE!!!! what's the price? It is so cute!
      love,
      ariella
      www.glitterartfit.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. My piggies get cucumber daily. They don't get much - each cucumber gets divided between 15 guinea pigs - but they love it.

    It's also a great food to bring if the pigs have to come in the car (e.g. to the vet) because water bottles are very leaky. It keeps them nice and hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how big are guinea pigs at 3 weeks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found out my cavy, named Pig, loves cucumbers. Will give sparingly though.

    ReplyDelete