Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can Guinea Pigs Eat Collard Greens?

Guinea pigs can eat collard greens, but only small quantities and only occasionally. According to the chart at guineapigcages.com, you should only feed it to us 1-2 times per week. They also give the following warning: "High in Ca, A and oxalates, feed small portions." The humans fed us a small portion of collard greens because of this.
Can I eat with you girls? Please?
That Lola is mean! At least I grabbed a little bit before she chased me off.
Hmm... It's okay. Not my favorite. I'll leave it for the girls. Maybe I'll  win them over with a gift!
The girls seemed to like collard greens, but I wasn't crazy about it. And, of course, there is the fact that you have to feed it to us in moderation. For these reasons, collard greens are only getting 3/5 stars.

1 comment: