- Domestic guinea pigs do not have the same sleep habits as our wild cousins and ancestors. We've adapted more to human life than they have. So we'll be up when you're up.
- Some people describe our sleep habits as "on an hour, off an hour," but sensitive to routines. So once we learn that nothing is going on at night time, we'll be less active at night.
- We tend to wake up at the same time every day and wheek for breakfast, Just think of us as your furry alarm clocks.
- If we wheek in the middle of the night, it could be because we can't sleep due to noise (like from an air conditioner). It could also be because we've learned that wheeking in the middle of the night means extra food.
- Once we get comfortable in your lap, sometimes we can actually fall asleep in it.
- Sometimes we will sleep with our eyes open.
|Writing blog posts really tires me out. I think I'll nap now.|