Our latest suspected bad product is All Living Things Lollipop Cookie Treats:
|Those are some funky colors. I don't think we should be eating that.|
|Now I'm even more convinced that we shouldn't be eating these.|
- Sugar - Guinea pigs should not have too much sugar. We don't need added sugars in our treats, only natural sugars in fruits and vegetables.
- Palm Oil - High in fat, and has negative environmental impacts.
- Dried Egg Powder - Guinea pigs are herbivores and should not be eating eggs.
- Sodium Bicarbonate - We did an Ask A Guinea pig post on baking soda a few months ago, and concluded that it's best to avoid exposure to baking soda. Why would you intentionally put this in a treat?
- Peanut butter - Guinea pigs should not be given processed foods like this, especially when they're high in fat.
- Artificial colors - Another ingredient that guinea pigs should not eat.