Monday, September 3, 2012

Where should I get a guinea pig?

Our humans were not always as Cavy Savvy as they are now. Some of us were purchased from pet stores, which is not the best way to get your guinea pig. Here's why:
We have been told that not all countries have the same problem with homeless pets as the United States. Be that as it may, we still recommend trying to find a guinea pig rescue and seeing if there are any guinea pigs who need a home near you before you consider buying at a pet store or breeding, which can be very risky. Guinea pig rescues should also be supported because they usually are much more interested in making sure the guinea pig will end up in a good home than a pet store is.

I'm glad the humans gave me a good home for me when I needed one!

No comments:

Post a Comment