But first, here is how we got our names. I was named after the Kink's song, and Buffy was named because when she was a baby guinea pig, she looked exactly like a little miniature buffalo: hence, Buffy.
If your guinea pig is a girl, you can name her:
- After a flower: Dandelion, Lily, Lavender, Periwinkle, Peppermint, Rose, Tulip, Violet, Jasmine, Daisy, Dahlia, Clover, Heather, Iris, Blossom, Satsuma
- After something sweet: Twinkie, Cinnamon, Gumdrop, Tapioca, Mochi, Lychee
- After something from mythology: Pixie, Athena, Amalthea, Aurora, Elektra, Freyja, Persephone, Rapunzel
- From a famous woman's name: Marilyn, Ariel, Belle, Bella, Tinkerbell, Alice, Camilla, Paris
If your guinea pig is a boy, you can name him:
- Shamrock, Marshmallow, Licorice, Snickers, Yoshi, Zeus, Neptune, Pluto, Pumbaa, Thunder, Rumbles, Thumper
If you get a pair of guinea pigs, you can pick two names that go together:
- Mario and Luigi, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Mike and Ike, etc.
You can also add title to your new guinea pig's name: Lord Marshmallow, Prince Shamrock, Mr. Yoshi, Lady Periwinkle, Miss Lily, Princess Ariel, Dr. Neptune, Captain Pumbaa etc.