- If necessary, stay with someone who still has power like we did. If this is not possible, look into staying at a hotel that allows pets. Someone at a local guinea pig rescue may also be willing to help.
- Keep cold packs in the freezer in case of a power outage. If the power goes out, cover them with fleece. If you have fleece bedding like we do, you can probably put it right under our fleece bedding. (Source)
- You could also use Doctor Fosters and Smith's Cage & Crate Cooling Fan. Just make sure you stock up on batteries!
- You could try using ceramic tiles or a marble slab as a cool-off spot in the cage. (Source)
- You could put your piggy in a few inches of cool water, though we probably won't be happy about it! (Source)
- And, of course, don't forget to give us plenty of water and juicy fruits and vegetables!
|If you made frozen veggie cubes and the power goes out, give us some before they melt!|