|It's like carpeting for our cage!|
- Easy to find in most pet stores
- Expensive. Even when buying in bulk, it can cost $15 for a two week supply
- Messy, the litter can easily get outside of the cage
- Somewhat difficult to clean
- Not as good as fleece for the environment
Now for our review of fleece bedding for guinea pig cages. This is the first time we've had anything other than litter lining out cage.
- Inexpensive. A double thick sheet was only $17 and it's reusable.
- Better for the environment since it can be reused.
- Also safe, no dust, and soft.
- Doesn't fall outside of the cage like litter- makes the cage look neater.
- Soft and fuzzy to nap in.
- Humans have to vacuum daily with a dust buster to control waste.
- Has to be washed in a washing machine weekly- or more often depending on the size of your cage and number of pigs.
- Fabric can pill.
- Initially it isn't as absorbent as Carefresh, but after several washes it will be.
- You have to also put down a towel or two under the fleece to absorb moisture.