Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Can Guinea Pigs Eat Pumpkin?

Sometimes, we like to get into the holiday spirit. We know it's not quite Halloween yet, but we've got something else in mind for Halloween. So maybe we'll call this a pre-Halloween post. Or, maybe a fall-themed post.

Today, we're reviewing pumpkin. Pumpkins can be fed to us only 1-2 times per week. Do not feed us the seeds. You can feed us the stringy parts if you want, but it's probably easier to just throw them out.

The humans cut up the pumpkin into cubes for us.
Hey Lola, I think these pumpkin chunks came from a Jack o' lantern.  That means that ghosts will get you if they see you eating this!
It worked! She's hiding in her pigloo, and I can eat in peace.
Pumpkin was really good, but it's not quite as good as some other foods we've tried. We'll give it 4/5 stars.

7 comments:

  1. my guinea pig Rolo didn't like it that much at first but she ate it more confidently each time we gave it her we could see that she started to like it more and more
    but remember don't feed them too much because they could end up getting ill

    PS I'm on on about the stringy parts of the pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks - was researching if we can give our gp pumpkins. Will see how many stars ours gives them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved my pumkin i give it 5/5
    fozzie bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. My three babies love pumpkin mixed in with their piggy kibble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anyone know how much canned/pureed pumpkin we can give? My girls love it but I'm scared to give them more than 1/2 tsp each.

    ReplyDelete