Today we're reviewing Ecotrition Yogies Treats:
|What the heck are those pink globs?|
|That's what's in the pink globs? Are you kidding me?|
- Sugar - Guinea pigs should not have excess sugar. If you feed us the right amount of fruits and veggies, we'll get the right amount of natural sugars. We don't need added sugars in our treats.
- Palm Oil - Not only is it high in fat, but has negative environmental impacts.
- Dried yogurt, cultured skim milk - Guinea pigs should not be fed dairy products.
- Red Dye 40 - Artificial colors are another ingredient that guinea pigs should not eat. This includes red dye 40, which some say is bad for you.
- Titanium Dioxide - Another questionable ingredient. One source says: "Taken internally, it has been shown to cause kidney damage in mice and to induce small intestine inflammation."