Our first guide to naming your guinea pig was well-received, so we decided to do a follow-up. Here are some more ideas for naming your guinea pig:
* Something space-related: Astro, Comet, Galaxy, Nebula, Nova, Meteor.
* Fuzzy creatures from science fiction: Chewie, Ewok, Tribble, Wookie.
* Characters from literature, movies or television: Aladdin, Beowulf, Bilbo, Captain Kirk, Frodo, Homer, Romeo, Sherlock, Starbuck, Xena, Simba.
* Musical instruments: Banjo, Bugle, Calliope, Fiddle, Kazoo, Piccolo, Trumpet, Tuba.
* After official titles: Baron, Chief, Duchess, General, Professor.
* After famous people: Elvis, Einstein, Ghandi, Lincoln, Mozart.
* After other animals: Bear, Moose, Tiger
You can also give your guinea pigs color-specific names, depending on what color they are:
* For black guinea pigs: Inky, Licorice, Midnight, Pepper.
* For blonde/cream guinea pigs: Biscuit, Buttercup, Caramel, Custard, Honey, Cream, Mustard, Toffee.
* For brown guinea pigs: Bear, Brownie, Dr. Pepper (Doc for short), Truffles
* For grey guinea pigs: Dusty, Misty
* For red guinea pigs: Blaze, Cayenne, Cherry, Garnet, Magenta, Rosie, Ruby, Scarlet.
* For white guinea pigs: Blanco, Cloud, Crystal, Frosty, Ghost, Marshmallow, Pearl, Popcorn, Snowflake, Sugar.
* For black and white guinea pigs: Chess, Oreo,
What is your guinea pig's name? Tell us in the comments!