Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Can Guinea Pigs Eat Savoy Cabbage?

So far, we've reviewed several types of cabbage, including Green, Red, and Stonehead. Savoy cabbage is new to us, though. We can eat savoy cabbage 2-4 times per week, but only in small portions because it's a gassy food. We found that many guinea pigs didn't care for it, though. I wonder what we'll think of it?

This is a savoy cabbage. You'll only want to feed us a little bit of a leaf, not the whole thing.
How do I get to the savoy cabbage? Can I chew through these bars? Oh, I got to go through the door!

Yum!

Don't even think of taking mine, Lola. Go see if the human has more.

Now I'm out! Give me yours, Buffy! Please?

Although I really would have liked some more, I'm not going to push the issue too hard if Buffy doesn't want to share like Lola would. I'm just a nicer dominant pig, I guess. It had nothing to do with the fact that she's gotten good at turning away and eating quickly.

We have no idea why those other piggies didn't like savoy cabbage. We all loved it, so it gets 5/5 stars!

2 comments:

  1. Those videos were adorable! We will encourage our human to get some savoy cabbage.
    XOXO
    Ashley & Wendy

    ReplyDelete